Friday, 16 September 2011

His & Her Drawstring Bag

As it happens I am extremely groggy as I write this due to all the cold medication I have taken, please forgive the spelling and grammar! Due to my overwhelming need to show off I have decided to just show you the 'his' and 'her' drawstring bags I made in the weekend.


My husband and I take lunch to work. Beats a sandwich everyday right? Anyway his lunch bag was getting a bit grubby shall we say and I thought I would make him a new bag. I’m still a novice at sewing so I thought a drawstring bag would be the easiest- no zips or buttons etc. Denim was his suggestion which I thought was a good idea, it's hard wearing and appropriate for him I think.

It turned out quite well so I thought I would make one for myself. I used a scrap piece of material to make a heart to sew on. I had overestimated my skills slightly though, even after pinning heart to death on the fabric, the stitching was still wonky. Manoeuvring the fabric and negotiating the curves is harder than it looks! If you don’t look so closely I think I would get away with it.

So viola

His and her drawstring bags



Can sit flat on a table

No comments:

Post a Comment