Friday, 14 January 2011

MAC Lipsticks- Bargain @ The Cosmetics Company

Over Christmas there were so many bargains around and now that its New Year places are still trying to push products in your face with 75% sales signs everywhere. I found numerous bargains during the festive season but the best one has to be a little gift set I found in The Cosmetic Company at Bicester Village. http://www.bicestervillage.com/


The Cosmetics store is a discount store for brands such as MAC, Clinique, Estee Lauder and Bobbi Brown; it’s quite popular and easier to find in the US. I live in London; I think the one in Bicester is the closest one to me. What I’ve noticed is that they have random past collections and their range of stock changes frequently- so when you see a bargain- buy it!

The gift set i brought came with a very unique looking red bag, 2 lipsticks and a lip gloss. All very red and pink- quite festive I thought. The set put me back £19.50 quite a neat find considering Mac lipsticks cost £13.50 a pop now!

Left: Romancin', Right 'To Swoon for'

The lipsticks included ‘To Swoon For’ (glaze) and ‘Romancin’ (lustre), the lip gloss was ‘Delicate Crush’. I particularly like ‘To Swoon for’, a dusty pink that flatter my skin tone and is very wearable, great for daytime. ‘Romancing’ although is a darker shade is still quite sheer. The only thing I don’t really care for is the gloss. I’m not sure if its just my lip gloss but it is incredibly sticky and gloopy. Its feels uncomfortable to wear, which is a shame because the colour is quite a pretty pink.

Even with my dislike for the gloss- a really bargain all in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment