Sunday, 28 November 2010

Seven Dials Event

Last Thursday, my friend and I skipped our usual Yoga lesson in order to go down to the ‘hidden village’ in Covent Gardens. http://www.sevendials.co.uk/

A selection of shops there were having 20% off between 5-7pm so how could we say no? We where also not the only ones to brave the cold and wonder down there on Thursday night; according to their website 12,500 of us rushed down there from work to grab a bargain. Some stores even had DJs, champagne or cupcakes to welcome their guests


Amongst the amazing selection of shops my friend and I had one store we had to go to…. and that was MAC. Apparently we were not the only ones that had this idea. We arrived outside MAC around 5.30pm to a small queue that was gathering outside. Why we didn’t think there might have been a queue was beyond me. We queued for about 10 minutes before being allowed to go in and have a wonder, we asked for the things we wanted and then queued for another 10minutes to pay. As the queue was so long it snaked around the products on display giving you more time to try and test more products eventually adding more things to your bag. Great as you won’t be bored while queue but bad for your wallet when you finally reach the counter to pay.

Due to my great sense of timing- not… what I wanted was not part of this 20% off promotion. I wanted a holiday gift set and as it was already ‘discounted’ it could not be discounted again.
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT31305&PRODUCT_ID=PROD99504
So in order to take advantage of this promotion I got a lipstick (Blankety) and a 219 brush (for my sister).






A lady and her tricks Buff and line brush collection
A neat little travel kit that comes with 5 brushes and a neat little tartan bag which I think I will use as a makeup travel bag for brushes. I am quite pleased with all brushes but the 252SE I’m finding slightly scratchy which I was quite disappointed with.



Blankety (Amplified) Lipstick

I was looking for a pinky nude and my friend suggested this lipstick. I am quite pleased with it. Its smooth, creamy and most importantly doesn’t make me look dead!- Cant carry off that look! The best result is if I top it off with a slightly pink lipgloss for a healthier look.



We also spent some time in Bare Escentuals where my friend got herself a starter kit and face primer. They also gave her a small refillable brush as a gift which I thought was quite nice. We managed to pop into a few other shops that night before heading home.

Despite the cold I thought it was a super night! Nothing better that shopping with one of your besties! Lol

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention about the book we saw :D You need to buy it! lol!!
    Glad you like the lipstick! I love the texture of that one :)

    ReplyDelete