Tuesday, 3 August 2010

False nails- Fashion No No? I don’t know?


What is the first thing you think about when someone mentions False nails? ‘Janice from Friends’ maybe? I’m almost certain that it will not be elegant and sophisticated. What a negative image to shake off. But are we being too harsh?


I was in Guangzhou a few weeks ago and I picked up a few False nails. They had fun 3D patterns as well as the more wearable French Tip. They were also very cheap so why not- right. Shouldn’t write it off until you’ve tried it.

The nails come in a pack of 24, with different sizes so you’ll be able to find a good match for all ten of your nails. The box also holds a 2g tube of pink nail glue. I was very impressed with the strength of the glue once on- the nail felt very sturdy. To ease myself (and others around me- err mainly my hubby) into it, I decided to try the Classic French Tip. The colouring of the nails I brought were surprisingly very naturally. The length which I was most worried about was a Goldilocks length- not too long and not too short!



For the real test- after pressing them all on- I went out to meet my friends for lunch. Having something stuck on your nails does take some getting used to- using you phone and putting your hand inside your handbag required a bit more thought than normal. lol There was also the constant fear that one might pop off while I was digging into my Flourless Chocolate Cake. The small tube of pink nail glue was tucked safely away in my handbag for just that kind of emergency, but lucky it remained in my handbag untouched all afternoon.

My friends were all quite surprised at how natural they looked, I think the stereotypes of false nails were still quite vivid in there minds before I showed them mine.

Not a thing for everyone, False nails are of an acquired taste. Before using them I would have said that they were not for me but now after using them, you could say I have been converted. The convenience is the major plus – if you need to go out in the evening and had no time to do your nails these are the perfect solution. If you’re more daring then me, there are a whole array of styles you could choose from. I particularly like the 3D Japanese style nails you occasionally find.

Like I said at the beginning – shouldn’t write it off until you’ve tried it!

No comments:

Post a Comment