Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Sleek Make Up- Divine Mineral Based Eyeshadow Palette

Hello people – how are we all?

Sooo.....

I went out on Sunday and decided that I would try out my new Eyeshadow Palette from Sleek Make Up (The Original 594).

I had such drama getting hold of this. This Divine Eye Shadow Palette was actually part of the goodie bag that I brought while I was in the Clothes Show London a few Sundays ago. The deal of the day was to select the palette that you wanted and in the bag it would come with a Highlighter (Bronze Baby), a Pout Polish (Electro Peach #946- it smells of sweets), a Travel Make Up Brush Kit, Eyelashes and a Tube Card Case all for £10. Good deal right! When they gave me my bag it was sealed and to prevent myself loosing anything I mustered all my will power and self control not to open it until I got home- smart huh!..........NOT!

When I finally got home and opened my bag- the people at Sleek had left out my Palette! Arghhhhhhh!! You should have seen my face. It was not pretty!

I went straight to my computer and wrote a very angry email to Sleek! I received a reply from them the next morning and was told I would receive my palette in the post very soon. I think it took a week to get to me, but I was very please all the same! Well that was until I used it on Sunday......

I used the pretty gold colour on the bottom left corner- just a like dusting. Unfortunately that meant there was not much colour but a lot of chucky glitter fall out! It was on the brush, on my cheek and just be low my eye- so everywhere apart from where I wanted it to be. I was kind of disappointed, I was very please with the palette’s range of colour! There were a few bright colours on the top row I had intended to use as accent colours on my lower lash line but with the glitter fall this might not be possible.

While swatching the colours I have notice the shadows show up best when foiled (wet) but this doesn’t really calm the glitter down.

I going to experiment and make this work! I mean I brought it now! I’ll let you know how I get on!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caff,

    I was given this compact for my birthday last year and have tried to use it a couple times but all the giltter that falls of is not a good look. I recently used it when I went to a wedding last week and used a eyeshadow primer by Urban Decay and it did the trick. Let us know how you get on.

    Tx

    ReplyDelete