Sunday, 28 February 2010

Style Icons!

Soooo......
It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and my fabulous friends got me this great gift!
It was a book- with lots of pictures! lol
Ok- to be more precise its 'Fashionista, A Century of Style Icons' by Simon Werle.
As well as being a collection of gorgeous photographs of the world's most beautiful and stylish women, it also gives you some information about them, so a little background as to who they are what they do (this was especially useful for me- as some of the women I had no clue as to who they were) and descriptions of their style. The book is sub-divided into 10 categories, The Classics, The It Girls, The Bombshells, The Modernists, The Artist, The Divas, The Eccentrics , The Candy Girls, The Rebels and The Chameleon. I didn't even know there were so many categories of style.
What I really like about this book besides the abundant supply of photos, is that it has a great mixture of women. It doesn't just show all the women you would expect in a book like this i.e Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Jackie O, this book also has modern women, such as Scarlett Johansson, Bjork and Carrie Bradshaw.
Its quite informative as I think it introduces you to allot of different types of women, who I think not only made an impact in the fashion world with their style but on the world of their chosen professions with their talent. There are Artists, Sports women and Entrepreneurs featured in this book as well as Actresses, Singers and Designers.
I found out some interesting facts about some of my favourite style icons and was introduced to some new ones.
If you are interested in style this is the book for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment